Thursday 23 February 2012

A photo a day, and Issy's first pub lunch.

Issy at her first pub lunch,
that's Uncle Graham in the background
For a few weeks now I've been taking at least one photo of Issy a day and sending it to the aunties, uncles and grandparents. I realised that back when we were babies (in the 1970s - ha!) taking and sharing photos was an expensive and slow process, but now with smartphones and the interwebs taking a photo and emailing it takes a matter of seconds, so for as long as I can I'm going to take a photo of Issy every day.  I only wish I'd thought of it sooner; it would have been brilliant to have a photo of our baby from every day since birth.

And here's the other reason to take a photo a day
Every day Issy seems to change totally - she'll notice so much more, interact with more consideration and continues to become exponentially more fascinated with the world around her.  It's quite alarming to think that our tiny baby is nearly half a year old, I'm making a concerted effort to absorb every moment of her growing up, but there's just to much to take note of that it all becomes a bit of a blur.  When Issy was born both sets of grandparents admitted that they could barely remember any of the day to day detail of living with a newborn, and at first I couldn't believe that anyone could forget any of this wonderment, but now I understand it totally!

No comments:

Post a Comment